The mobility sector is undergoing substantial transition: prosperity, growth, and technological developments are leading towards a more mobile society and new mobility options. At the same time, achieving the German Federal Government’s energy and climate targets will be a central task in the coming years. To shape this change, the German Federal Government has convened the National Platform Future of Mobility (NPM). The aim of the NPM is to develop paths that cross and link modes of transport for a largely greenhouse gas-neutral and environmentally friendly transport system that enables efficient, high-quality, flexible, available, safe, resilient, and affordable mobility for both passenger and goods transport.
- Management of the overall platform as a neutral third-party.
- Coordination of the shared project office together with acatech – National Academy of Sciences.
- Shaping and coordinating the working groups, including intersections between multiple working groups.
- Ensuring results are continually developed, securing information flow, and ensuring transparent communication within and between working groups and working group leads.
- Supporting the working groups’ leads as well as the responsible divisions from the German Ministry for Transport, German Ministry for Economic Affairs, and German Ministry for the Environment in the design, preparation, implementation, and follow-up of meetings.
- Coordinating the NPM’s communication internally and externally, including messaging, and planning, branding, social media, events, website, marketing materials, etc.
- Connecting the NPM with the broader public and supporting broader societal acceptance.